Monday, January 21, 2013

sounds.

Tonight I curled up in the big broken-in leather chair to get my history reading done.  Before I turned my attention the secret diaries of William Byrd from 1711, I took a minute to think about the sounds all around me.

:: Caleb drumming in the basement, the muted beats floating up through the whole house
:: the Ravens scoring against the Patriots on the upstairs TV
:: Josh yelling about the Ravens scoring
:: Mr Monk solving murders on the downstairs TV
:: Emily practicing her violin in the living room
:: Ellie's little feet flouncing around the living room as she practices her gymnastics
:: and faintly, through it all, the fire popping and cracking.

I am thankful for sound, and people who fill a house with so many sounds of life and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment