Friday, January 18, 2013

my druthers on the first day of class.


For the first day of class this semester, I went for BOLD.  I bought a sort of mustard-yellowy skirt at Target a few months ago, but I've never found the perfect top for it...until I checked my housemate's closet, where there was this sweet purple/blue pullover.  I paired the outfit with black tights, brown boots, and a handmade headband from a friend. I was wearing some sweet Fossil earrings before the pictures were taken, but they're kind of hard to talk on the phone with so I took them out.


At lunch one of the really fashion conscious girls at school said, "wow, Erica, I like that color combo!"  I'm going to chalk this one up as a solid success.


Top: Gap (similar here)
Skirt: Target (similar here)
Tights: Target
Boots: Famous Footwear (here)











I based my outfit loosely on this color scheme, even though my purple was different and I didn't use red.  I like this site because it gives me a general idea of what works when I feel clueless.  I use it to check and make sure what I've already picks out will coordinate together, and I also use it for ideas.




The pictures are pretty mediocre because they were shot after sunset in one quick second before a bunch of people came over...maybe they'll be better next time.  But like I said. No promises on photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment