Thursday, January 17, 2013

ellie.

This girl.

She climbed up and snuggled close to me and started telling me about her freshly painted nails. Blue, sparkly.  She got the polish for Christmas. AND she got a nail dryer.  After she told me all about it, I held up my own hands and whispered, "my nails are naked."  She gave me a disgusted look, said rather matter-of-factly, "This is not appropriate," and skipped off to her room to gather up her best colors.

Apparently the sparkly stuff will change colors depending on my mood.  Good to know.

Nails from a nine-year-old are wonderful.  When I do my own nails, they look like they've been done by a nine-year old in an embarrassing sort of way.  When Ellie does them, they're perfect just as they are.

Oh, and she drew me a picture.  "This is you, Erica."

...the hair...!



No comments:

Post a Comment