Sunday, February 17, 2013

humble.

Sometimes you have to take a deep breath and remember who your God is.

When you fight with your best friend, the kind of fight where you turn on your heel and walk away.  And you sit down to write your paper, but your mind is like a grumpy elephant; big and clumsy and getting its trunk twisted up in its two front feet.  

I thought I lost my phone so I dug around in the darkest recesses of my backpack, and the only thing that came up was a white note card that said, "So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God." It's not my handwriting; I have no idea where it came from. But it made me pause.  It helped me untangle my trunk from my two front teeth.  I am here to glorify God.  Is that what I'm doing? Right now?

He has told you, O man, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?

Do justice. Love kindness. Walk humbly.  It's really that simple.  

No comments:

Post a Comment